- 16 oz. wide egg noodles
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef, turkey or sausage
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3 1/2 oz. pkg. sliced pepperoni, halved
- 3 c. (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 c. (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and Italian seasoning.
- Drain noodles.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Spread a third of the meat sauce. Cover with a third of the noodles and pepperoni. Sprinkle with a third of the cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Optional: I use extra cheese for top, and then add pepperoni for a cheesy dish!
Note: Makes a great meal with garden salad and bread sticks.