- 2-1/2 to 3 pound fryer chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 c. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. leaf sage or oregano
- butter or vegetable oil
1. Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry.
2. Combine flour with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and sage or oregano.
3. Toss chicken pieces with flour mixture to coat.
4. In skillet, heat butter or oil to 1/4-inch depth and cook chicken over medium-high heat until brown.
5. Transfer browned chicken into crock pot, adding wings first; DO NOT add any liquid.
6. Cover. Cook on Low for 4 to 8 hours.
Crock Pot Girl