- 2 c. wild rice (uncooked but rinsed)
- 1/2 c. slivered almond (personally don t add these optional)
- 1/2 c. onion (chopped)
- 1/2 c. chopped celery
- 8 oz. mushrooms (drained)
- 2 c. chicken (cut, rotisserie works) (optional if used as a main dish?)
- 6 c. chicken stock (broth)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 T. parsley
- Wash and drain rice.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and mix well.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4-6 hours.
- DO NOT REMOVE LID BEFORE RICE HAS COOKED FOR 4 HOURS.
NOTE: Use Vegetable Broth to make this dish Vegetarian!