- 1 oz. butter
- 2 lb. Pumpkin – peeled, cut into inch square pieces
- 1 onion, medium
- 2 cloves, stick into the onion
- 2 tsp. sugar
- salt to taste – pinch
- 2½ c. Chicken Stock – make your own, use cubes/powder, or use ready made (this is our choice) or Vegetable Stock for a Vegetarian Recipe
- 1 c. milk
- Nutmeg to sprinkle on top
- Optional: For those that prefer a meat flavor, you can add ham or bacon (your choice)
- Top with a dolop of Sour Cream when serving!
1. Place pumpkin and butter in the crock pot and turn to high.
2. When butter is melted, stir to coat pumpkin and cook for 1 hour on high. (If you wait for butter to melt you can go to step 3 if you are in a hurry, and omit the cooking on high for the hour, flavor may not be as bold.)
3. Add onion, sugar, salt and stock.
4. Cover. Cook on Low for 8-9 hours or on High for 4-5 hours.
5. Remove the onion, prior to serving.
6. Puree soup in a blender or use a hand held device.
7. Add milk. (DO NOT add milk if you will be freezing – just freeze without the milk. Then you will add milk when thawed).
8. Sprinkle with Nutmeg and a dollop of sour cream, when serving.
Crock Pot Girl