- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 T. ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored, and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 c. and 2 T. dried cranberries
- 1/4 c. and 2 T. butter, cut into pieces
- 3 c. regular rolled oats
- 3 c. water
- 1-1/2 c. apple juice
- 1-1/2 c. cranberry juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c and 2 T. candied walnuts (optional)
- Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Add the apples and cranberries, tossing to coat evenly with the sugar mixture.
- Transfer into slow cooker. Top with butter pieces.
- Mix the oatmeal together with the water, apple juice, cranberry juice, and salt in a bowl, and pour over the apple mixture in the slow cooker. DO NOT STIR.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours.
Stir before serving. Spoon into bowls and top with candied walnuts, if desired.