- 8 oz. tomato sauce, canned, reduced-sodium
- 4 oz. green chiles, drained, chopped
- 3 T. cider vinegar
- 2 T. honey
- 1 T. sweet or smoked paprika
- 1 T. tomato paste
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. ground chipotle chile
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 lb. chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, trimmed of fat
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Combine tomato sauce, chiles, vinegar, honey, paprika, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground chipotle and salt in a 6 qt. slow cooker until smooth.
- Add chicken, onion and garlic; stir to combine.
- Cover. Cook on Low for about 5 hours, until the chicken can be pulled apart.
- Move the chicken to a cutting board and shred with a fork.
- Return the chicken to the sauce, stir well and serve in bun of your choice.
Note: Great to make ahead, and can freeze for up to one month!