- 1 onion, minced
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 8 to 10 small potatoes, sliced
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese, optional
- 1/2 c. milk
Perfect for the holidays or any special week-night meal, these potatoes are delicious, filling and leftovers are equally as great!
- Coat a large oval slow cooker with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, mix onion and garlic then sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Place 1/4 of the sliced potatoes in bottom of slow cooker – spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle with about 1/4 of the onion and garlic mixture.
- Next add 1/3 of the cream cheese cubes.
- Repeat layers and pour 1/4 c. milk over top.
- Cover. Cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours, until potatoes are tender.
- In the last 20 to 30 minutes of cooking, stir potatoes to distribute.
- Stir in the remaining cream cheese with the potatoes, and lightly mash.
- Add up to 1/4 c. more milk, if needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Top with 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese (If your family loves bacon like mine, you can even sprinkle with some cooked bacon pieces!)
- Cover and continue to cook, about 10 minutes, just until melted.
Optional: You may want to place in a Oven-Proof bowl and place under the broiler for a few minutes to make them a little brown for better presentation! Enjoy!