- 2 T. dried minced onion
- 1 medium clove garlic, crushed and finely minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 8 to 10 medium potatoes, sliced
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1/4 to 1/2 c. milk
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick butter flavor cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine onion, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Layer about 1/4 of the sliced potatoes in bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with about 1/4 of the onion and garlic mixture.
- Layer with about 1/3 of the cream cheese cubes.
- Repeat layers, ending with seasonings.
- Pour milk over top!
- Cover. Cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours, until potatoes are tender.
- In the last 20 to 30 minutes of cooking, stir potatoes to distribute.
- Stir the cream cheese with the potatoes, and this can be partially mashed at this point.
- If desired, top with 1/2 cup of shredded mild Cheddar cheese.
- Cover and continue to cook, about 10 minutes, just until melted.
Serve when potatoes are tender.
Optional: You may want to place in a Oven-Proof bowl and place under the broiler for a few minutes to make them a little brown for better presentation! Enjoy!