- 1 1/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 T. dried minced onion
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 18 oz. chicken gravy, jar
- 2 medium celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 1/4 c. baking mix (Bisquick or Jiffy)
- 2/3 c. milk
- 1 lb. mixed vegetables, frozen bag
- Place chicken in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Top with onion, bay leaf, pepper and gravy. Place celery on gravy.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Approximately 30 minutes before serving, make and bake 8 biscuits using baking mix and milk as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, gently stir frozen vegetables into chicken mixture.
- Increase heat to High. Cover again and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
For each serving, split biscuit and place in soup bowl. Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture on top of biscuit.