- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1/2 c. diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16 oz can, fat free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot (or buffalo sauce of your choice)
- Large lettuce leaves (I use romaine but iceberg will work too)
- Bleu cheese crumbles (optional topping)
- Ranch dressing (optional topping)
- Shredded carrots (optional topping)
- Chopped celery (optional topping)
This recipe is one of my favorites and it’s delicious, light and easy to make. I have even subbed BBQ or Teriyaki sauce when I didn’t have any Buffalo sauce on hand. I would love to see comments on how you customize these chicken lettuce wraps to your taste!
- Place chicken in a slow cooker and top with chopped onion.
- Pour broth in the crock and be sure chicken is completely covered (add water if you don’t have enough broth)
- Add garlic and 1 stalk of celery.
- Cover & crock on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Removed chicken breasts and place on cutting board.
- Measure 1/2 c. of the broth from slow cooker and set aside. Discard remaining broth.
- Using two forks, shred chicken on the cutting board.
- Place chicken back in the slow cooker and add the buffalo/hot sauce, stir.
- Gradually mix in the broth that was set aside to moisten the chicken & sauce as needed. (I usually use about 1/3 c.)
- Cover and crock on HIGH for 25 more minutes.
- To serve, place clean lettuce leaves on a plate and add chicken. Top with ingredients of your choice such as shredded carrots, celery, bleu cheese crumbles or ranch dressing.