- 2 to 3 lbs. stew beef or lean chuck, cut in cubes
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 12 oz. beer
- 1/4 c. flour
Crock Pot All Day Beef in Beer is not only delicious, it is great to make on those busy days when you can not be at home!
1. Coat the beef cubes in the 1/2 cup flour.
2. Brown the coated been in the skillet in butter. Drain off excess fat.
3. Combine browned meat with onion, salt, pepper, garlic and beer in the crock pot.
4. Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 9 hours, or until meat is tender.
5. Turn to high. Dissolve remaining 1/4 cup flour in small amount of cold water. Stir into meat mixture, cook on high 30-40 minutes longer to thicken.
NOTE: Serve with rice and salad, and wonderful with some warm French bread.
Crock Pot Girl