- 1 T. butter
- 4 lemon, slices, thin
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 8 to 10 oz. scallops, bay or sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry, tough connective tissue removed
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- pepper, freshly ground, black
- 1/4 c. parsley, chopped fresh flat-leaf
- 2 lemon wedges
Scallops can be a little tricky as you don’t want to over cook them, that’s why making Slow Cooker Scallops are awesome!
- Place the butter, lemon slices and garlic in the crock of the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High, until the butter is hot, about 30 minutes.
- Add the scallops and sprinkle with the salt. Stir to coat them with the butter and seasonings.
- Cover. Cook on High for 30 to 40 minutes or until the scallops are thoroughly hot and opaque in the center.
- To serve, press the lemon slices with the back of a spoon to release their juices and then discard casing of the lemon.
- Sprinkle the scallops and their cooking liquid with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the scallops to 2 serving plates.
Drizzle each serving with some of the cooking liquid, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with fresh lemon wedges.