- 1 c. Tofu, firm, cubed
- 1 c. mushrooms, shittake, or Cloud ear
- 12 oz. Bamboo shoots, sliced into strips
- 1 c. baby carrots
- 3/4 c. Vegetable broth
- 1/4 c. Rice vinegar
- 1/4 c. Soy sauce
- 2 T. Ginger root, peeled and minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.-.4 tsp. Asian Chili sauce, or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. cold water
Crock Pot Hot and Sour Soup is a great starter for many of our Chinese crock pot meals that I have on the website! So so good!
1. In 3 1/Soak dried mushrooms in 3.5 cups hot water for 20 minutes to soften them.
Note: If using boullion cubes instead of broth, heat 4 cups of water in your crock pot on high and add 7 boullion cubes.
2. Mince the ginger and garlic and throw in the crock pot (stir boullion cubes to dissolve them if that’s what you used). If you’re using liquid vegetable broth, add it to the pot.
3. Cube the tofu and cut bamboo shoots into strips. Add tofu and bamboo shoots to the crock pot, along with the carrots, vinegar, soy sauce, and chili sauce.
4. Remove mushrooms from water. If using boullion cube method, add this water to crock pot. If not, save or discard water as you wish.
5. Slice the mushrooms into long thin strips and add them to the pot.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Cover. Cook for 6-8 hours on Low.
8. If you want the soup a little thicker, add 3 T. corn starch to 1/4 cup Cold water and whip until smooth, add to soup, heat another 20 – 30 minutes to heat through!
Crock Pot Girl