- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef, sirloin
- 1 onion, small, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1.25 oz. mix, taco seasoning, dry
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 9 corn tortillas, (5 1/2-inch)
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. tomato sauce
- 10 oz. sauce, Enchilada, canned
- 6 oz. cheese, cheddar, finely shredded (1 1/2 c.)
- 30 oz. pinto, black or kidney beans, drained, rinsed, canned
- 11 oz. corn, Mexicorn Whole Kernel
- 1 peppers, Red and Green, drained
- 4.5 oz. green chiles, canned, chopped
- 2 1/4 oz. olives, ripe, chopped, canned
- Sour cream
Do you love “taco night” – or as we call it around here, “Taco Tuesday?” Mix things up a bit this week with Slow Cooker Taco Casserole! This dish is full of all the yummy flavors you find in a taco but super easy to prepare and serve casserole style! Note: I always make this dish in my CROCK-POT® CASSEROLE CROCK (I’m seriously in love with this slow cooker) but you can use any 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Spray crock with nonstick cooking spray or brush inside of 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker with oil.
- Brown ground sirloin in a skillet with onion and garlic over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stir frequently. Drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix, salt and pepper.
- Place 3 tortillas in bottom of oiled slow cooker. Top with beef mixture, broth, tomato sauce and enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Layer 3 more tortillas. Top with beans, Mexicorn, green chiles, half of the olives and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Top with remaining 3 tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and olives.
- Cover. Cook on High for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on Low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Uncover slow cooker for last 30 minutes of crock time.
Serve with sour cream.