- 1 lb. sausage, Italian, links, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 or 2 onions, large, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. oregano, dried
- 1 T. basil, dried
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 6 oz. tomato paste, canned
- 28 oz. tomatoes, fire-roasted, canned
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 c. chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 oz. pasta, curly or (fusilli pasta - gluten free)
- Ricotta and mozzarella cheeses for topping
Crock Pot Lasagna Soup has all the cheesy flavor of Lasagna, without all the fuss and layering!
1. Combine all ingredients EXCEPT pasta and cheeses in a 6-7 quart crock pot.
2. Cover. Cook on Low for 8-9 hours or on High for 4-6.
3. During the last 30 minutes of crocking, add in uncooked pasta.
Optional: When serving, spoon soup into oven-proof bowls, with a dollop of ricotta cheese, and sprinkle with mozzarella. Place under a preheat broiler for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is hot and melted. (I like my cheese a little brown!)
Crock Pot Girl