- 1 onion, yellow, large, sliced into thin rings
- 3 lb. roast, chuck, boneless beef, trimmed
- 29 oz. tomatoes, chili seasoned, diced canned
- 14 oz. beef broth, canned
- 1 c. cold coffee
- 4 oz. green chiles, dieced, canned
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper, black, ground
Crock Pot “No Fuss” Shredded Chuck Roast is great as the longer it cooks the better it gets. The coffee adds a hint of smokiness and assists with tenderizing the meat as it crocks!
1. Layer half the onion rings into the bottom of the crock pot.
2. Place chuck roast on top of onions.
3. Pour diced tomatoes, beef broth, and coffee into the cooker over the roast.
4. Stir in diced green chiles, jalapeno peppers, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper.
5. Spread remaining onion rings over the top.
6. Cover. Cook on Low until beef is very tender, 6 to 10 hours.
7. Remove chuck roast to a bowl and shred meat with two forks.
8. Return meat to sauce.
9. Remove onions.
Serve the onions with the meat…and warm tortillas and your favorite toppings!
Crock Pot Girl