- 2 c. macaroni, whole wheat, cooked, divided
- 1 c. cheese, Cheddar, shredded, divided
- 1/2 c. cheese, Swiss, shredded, divided
- 3 1/2 oz. cheese, Gouda. sliced thin, divided
- 4 T. butter
- 1 c. cream, half and half
With so many ways to make Macaroni and Cheese, I found this recipe for Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese to be among one of the best, please post back if you agree!
- Cook the macaroni as directed on the package and drain.
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place 1 cup of the macaroni on the bottom.
- Top with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup Swiss cheese, half the Gouda cheese and 2 tablespoons butter.
- For the second layer, put the last 1 cup of macaroni on top of the first layer of cheese; put the remaining Gouda cheese, cheddar, Swiss and butter on top.
- Pour the half and half over the entire mixture.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 2 1/2 hours.