- 2/3 c. lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 c. margarine, or butter melted
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 Cornish game hens
- 1/2 tsp. ground thyme
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. chilled margarine, or butter, cut into cubes
Slow Cooker Easy Cornish Hens are truly easy to make, and delicious to serve! Serve with warm bread and a veggie, and your meal will be complete!
- Combine 1/3 cup of the lemon juice, melted margarine, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, garlic powder, cumin, and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Pour and rub the above mixture over Cornish hens.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon thyme, salt, and black pepper in a bowl; sprinkle over Cornish hens.
- Pour chicken broth and 1/3 cup lemon juice into the slow cooker.
- In the cavity of the Cornish hen put about 1 tablespoon chilled margarine in the cavity of each hen.
- Placing all the hens in the slow cooker.
- Arrange the remaining margarine cubes in the chicken broth mixture.
- Cover. Cook for 8 hours on Low or for 4 hours on High.
Optional: Add your favorite veggies, such as potatoes and carrots! Delish!