- 1 lb. bratwurst, cooked smoked, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 4 c. cabbage, sliced
- 1 1/2 c. potatoes, red, chopped
- 3/4 c. pepper, red, diced
- 1 onion, medium, diced
- 1 T. mustard, spicy brown
- 1 T. cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. celery seeds
- 4 c. chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 c. cheese, swiss or provolone
Soups and Stews are wonderful when the weather is a bit chilly. If you serve Slow Cooker EASY Loaded Bratwurst Stew, I promise you will be a hit with everyone and it is Healthy too!
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours.
If desired, serve in bowls with Provolone or Swiss cheese on top of stew.
Optional: If you grill the bratwurst first it adds tons on flavor! Great served with fresh baked bread.
Note: Great to make when you have left over brats