- 15 apples, or the max your crock pot will hold
- 1/4 c. honey (try to use local raw honey)
- 3 T. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
Make this when organic apples are on sale when you can stock up! This recipe makes a lot—enough to gift a couple Mason Jars’ worth!
- Peel and core apples and cut into chunks. Place in crock.
- Distribute the rest of the ingredients onto the tops of the apples in the crock. Do not mix yet! Once the apples have warmed and softened, it is easier to mash all together.
- Cover and crock on LOW for 8 hours.
- Around 6 hours, mash the apples with a large fork or potato masher while inside the pot.
- After 2 more hours, remove the apple goodness and throw everything in the food processor and process for a couple minutes until it is smooth. Cool in jars and store in the refrigerator.
Crock Pot Girl