- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. orange juice
- 1 lb. cherries, Bing or other dark, sweet cherries, frozen and pitted, (I use organic, but any frozen dark cherries will work)
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 tsp. cherry extract
- 1/4 c. brandy
- 3 c. vanilla ice cream
September 24th is National Cherries Jubilee Day! Cherry lovers rejoice because now you can make Slow Cooker Cherries Jubilee for your family right at home. No need to stand in front of the stove and stir the pot for a few hours while your cherries cook, simply transfer to the crock pot after boiling the ingredients, set it and forget it! Serve over your favorite vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
- Whisk together the sugar and cornstarch in a wide saucepan.
- Stir in the water and orange juice; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, continue to whisk until thickened.
- Stir in the cherries and orange zest, and transfer to the slow cooker.
- Cover & Crock on Low for 1 – 1 1/2 hours.
- When the cherries are done cooking, spoon the ice cream into serving bowls.
- Remove the cherries from the slow cooker, and stir in the cherry extract.
- Transfer liquid only back to the saucepan you started with, pour in the brandy, and ignite with a long lighter.
- Gently shake the pan until the blue flame has extinguished itself.
- Place cherries back in the liquid.
- Spoon the cherries jubilee over the bowls of ice cream and ENJOY!