- 1 lb. beef shank on bone
- 4 c. beef stock
- 4 c. water
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 3 celery stalks, thickly sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 large parsnip
- Sea Salt and pepper, to taste
This hearty beef stew could not be simpler. Minimal prep and simple ingredients combine to create a hassle-free weeknight dinner!
- Season beef with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Optional: Lightly sear beef in a hot skillet for a few minutes on each side.
- Place beef shank, broth, water, potatoes, carrots, celery, garlic, and onion into crock.
- Place parsnips on top of the liquid.
- Cover and crock LOW 4 hours or HIGH for 2 hours.