- 2 T. butter
- 33 1/2 oz diced tomatoes, drained, juice reserved (3 - 14 1/2 oz. cans)
- 1 small onion, diced finely
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 T. tomato paste
- 2 T. flour
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 c. evaporated milk
- 12 oz. frozen ravioli
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- Vegetables of your choice (if desired)
Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Ravioli Soup is so delicious, and PERFECT for those fall and winter days when you just need something to warm the tummy!
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add tomatoes, onions, brown sugar, tomato paste, 1/2 tsp salt and cook over medium heat for approimately 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Whisk in 1 cup of the broth.
- Transfer to the slow cooker. Also optional vegetables (if desired)
- Stir in remaining broth, reserved tomato juice and bay leaves into slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4-6 hours.
- Discard the bay leaves.
- Pour contents of slow cooker into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pouring back into the slow cooker.
- Stir in the milk, basil and ravioli.
- Cover. Cook on High for 1 more hour, or until ravioli are cooked through.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Crock Pot Girl