- 1 lb. chorizo sausage
- 1 small onion, diced
- 12 eggs, pastured-raised
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 1 small butternut squash, diced
- coconut oil for greasing crock
You will be patting yourself on the back for this one–make it the evening before a big holiday cooking day to keep a messy kitchen at bay.
- In a skillet, brown the chorizo.
- Add the onion to the chorizo, and cook until soft.
- Whisk eggs with coconut milk.
- Peel squash, scoop out seeds, and dice squash.
- Grease entire inside of crock with oil.
- Add the squash, then sausage and onions, and then the egg mixture. Stir, making sure all ingredients are covered with the egg mixture.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8-10 hours.
- Wake up and eat!