- 1 T. Olive Oil
- 1/2 c. onion, diced
- 1 c. fontina cheese
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 2 T. milk
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 c. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 c. chopped fresh baby spinach, stems removed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tsp. salt
Turn plain old bacon and eggs upside down! A great recipe for using leftover cooked meats and veggies, too!
- Grease the inside of a 4-5 Quart Slow Cooker with olive oil.
- Combine all ingredients except 1/4 c. of the fontina cheese. Pour into the prepared slow cooker.
- Cover and crock on Low for 4 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and recover eggs. Let sit on WARM setting for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
NOTE: “Slimmer Simmer” this one by removing bacon from the recipe, adding more veggies,such as mushrooms or bell peppers, and using just egg whites.