- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 c. onion, diced
- 1 c. fontina cheese
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 2 T. milk
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 c. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 c. chopped fresh baby spinach, stems removed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tsp. salt
Turn plain old bacon and eggs upside down! A great recipe for using leftover cooked meats and veggies, too!
- Lightly saute onion over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Grease inside of crock liberally with olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine sautéed onion, 3/4 cup fontina cheese, and remaining ingredients; whisk gently and pour into slow cooker.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese on top of egg mixture.
- Cover and crock on Low for 1 hour-1.5 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
NOTE: “Slimmer Simmer” this one by removing ham from the recipe, adding more veggies,such as mushrooms or bell peppers, and using just egg whites.