- 16 oz. jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 c. Spicy BBQ sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/3 c. plain, dry breadcrumbs
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
This recipe for Slow Cooker Cranberry-BBQ Turkey Meatballs is my go-to appetizer come holiday time! The neighborhood kids always request these for any get-together. In fact, they are great any time of year!
- Combine cranberry and BBQ sauces in a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Cover and turn on HIGH heat while you prepare the meatballs.
- Combine egg, ground turkey, breadcrumbs, green onion, orange zest, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and smoked paprika in a large bowl.
- Mix well with clean hands and shape into 1-inch round balls, about 24 total. (they will be sticky!)
- Optional step: Lightly brown meatballs over medium-high heat for one minute per side.
- Remove lid and stir sauce in the slow cooker.
- Place browned or uncooked meatballs in the slow cooker and carefully spoon a bit of the sauce over top. (do not stir the meatballs at this point – they will fall apart!)
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 -4 hours.