- 16 oz. jellied cranberry sauce, can
- 1/2 c. BBQ sauce
- 1 egg white
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 8 wheat crackers, any kind, crushed
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
This recipe for Slow Cooker Cranberry-BBQ Turkey Meatballs is my go-to appetizer come holiday time! The neighborhood kids always request these for any get-together. In fact, they are great any time of year!
- Combine cranberry sauce and BBQ sauce in crock. Cover and crock on HIGH 30 minutes or until sauce is melted and hot, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Next, to make meatballs, beat egg white in medium bowl; add ground turkey, crushed wheat crackers, green onion, orange zest, soy sauce, and both peppers.
- Mix well with hands and shape into 1-inch round balls, about 24 total.
- At this point, you can choose to brown meatballs in a skillet on stovetop for 10 minutes, or add directly to crock, un-cooked. They will be cooked and tender either way.
- Place browned or uncooked meatballs in crock on top of sauce.
- For browned meatballs, cover and crock on LOW for 3 hours.
- For un-cooked meatballs, cover and crock on HIGH for 3 hours.
Serve warm with decorative toothpicks.