- 9 c. chicken broth
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 c. pearled barley
- 1/2 oz. dried porcini mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
Wow! This recipe for Slow Cooker Mushroom Barley Soup could not be any easier! This hearty and healthy soup is a fantastic first course or even main dish on a cold Winter day.
- Combine all ingredients in crock.
- Cover and crock on LOW 4-6 hours.
- Serve with a crusty french baguette and a drizzle of truffle oil, if desired.
- Note: This dish is vegetarian as well as Vegan if using vegetable broth.