- 1 Ham Bone (use leftover from your Holiday Ham)
- 1 Package Hurst's HamBeens® 15 Bean Soup®
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Carrot, peeled & chopped
- 1 Stalk Celery, chopped
- 6 c. Chicken Broth
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 T. Honey
- Salt and Pepper to taste
New Years traditions vary from Family to Family, and one of our favorite family traditions is to make this delicious ham & bean soup with Hurst’s HamBeens® 15 Bean Soup® and the leftover Ham Bone from Christmas.
It’s a great use of that leftover holiday ham and a cost-effective way to feed the family at your New Year’s celebration.
- Rinse and sort beans.
- Cover beans with water and soak overnight.
- Drain beans and place in a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Remove Ham Bone and pull meat off the bone.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Add ham back to soup and stir.
SERVE with corn bread, if desired.
NOTE: Several people have asked where you can get the package of 15 Beans and I’ve found that most Wal-Mart stores carry them.