Cooking Time:6–7 Hours
Ingredients1 lb. top sirloin, cut into cubes
1 onion, diced
3 celery stalks, washed well and chopped
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 & 1/2 c. Frozen veggies (corn, peas and/or green beans)
28 oz. diced tomatoes (do not drain!)
28 oz. beef broth
2 bay leaves
2 tsp. garlic powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 T. oil
4 c. water
Mozzarella or other shredded cheese
Slow Cooker “Parmed” Vegetable Soup is my husband’s favorite version of Vegetable Beef Soup!
One thing I love about crocking this soup is it freezes so well. Once we’ve eaten vegetable soup for a few days, I freeze in individual containers and reheat as needed. This makes for a great lunch solution for the office too!
- Place beef in the slow cooker.
- Add bay leaves, chopped celery, onions, potatoes & carrots. Season with garlic powder & Salt & Pepper.
- Pour diced tomatoes, beef broth & water on top.
- Cover & Crock on High for 5–6 hours
- Add 1 cup of frozen corn and 1 & 1/2 cup frozen green beans.
- Cover. Crock on High for 1 hour more or until vegetables are softened.
To serve, pour soup into bowls and top with oyster crackers.
Sprinkle a generous amount of mozzarelle cheese on top and melt in the microwave for 45–60 seconds.
Note: Nutrition Facts do NOT include cheese or oyster crackers.