Cooking Time:2–4 hours on LOW
Ingredients16 oz. COOKED Shell Macaroni (cooked) OR 4 c. UNCOOKED Shell Macaroni
1/2 c. Unsalted Butter
2 Eggs, beaten
2 c. Half & Half
1/2 tsp. White Pepper
10 3/4 oz. Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup (1 can)
4 c. Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 tsp. Ground Dry Mustard
OPTIONAL SUBSTITUTION for condensed cheddar cheese soup:
3 T. butter
3 T. flour
1 c. milk
1 c. cheese, Cheddar
Slow Cooker Creamiest Mac & Cheese really IS the creamiest and your kids will never ask you for that blue box of macaroni & cheese again! Many of you have mentioned that you prefer to stay away from canned condensed soups, so if you’d like a homemade version (that is less expensive and doesn’t have any additives you may worry about) scroll to the bottom of this recipe. Enjoy!
- Cook macaroni according to box directions; drain.
- Place cooked shells in a 5-quart lined or greased slow cooker; add margarine and stir. Cover.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine soup and the half & half, stirring until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs and dry mustard; stir.
- Add cheese and stir until melted. Sauce should be smooth.
- Pour cheese sauce over the shells in the crock.
- Cover & Crock on LOW for about 2–4 hours.
- Season with pepper or top with bacon bits, if desired, before serving.
Optional Substitute Recipe for Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup (NOW included in main recipe ingredient list as a Optional Substitution for Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup):
Melt 3 T. butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat; add 3 T. of flour and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in 1 cup of milk. Return to the saucepan and bring contents to a gentle boil. (keep whisking until thickened) Add 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Salt to taste. Use this in replacement of the Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup called for in this recipe.