Cooking Time:2 hours
Ingredients15–20 large mushrooms, cleaned, remove stems from cap, chopping stems finely
2 T. olive oil
1/2 medium red onion, very finely diced
2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 lb. sausage
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1/4 c. fresh parsley, finely chopped
4 oz. Gruyere cheese, shredded
Slow Cooker Stufed Mushroom Caps are wonderful. So easy to make and great for a before dinner appetizer. Yum!
- Wash and scrub the mushroom, remove stems from caps. Set caps aside on a paper towel to dry.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the oil, onion, garlic and mushroom stems. Cook 2–3 minutes until onion begins to soften.
- Add the sausage. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika and cook until lightly browned through.
- Transfer the sausage to a mixing bowl along with the parsley and gruyere cheese.
- Stir to combine ingredients and stuff 1 tablespoon of mixture into each cap.
- Place mushrooms into the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High for 2 hours.