Cooking Time:5-6 hours
Ingredients3 lb. boneless turkey breast, halved
16 oz. can whole berry cranberry sauce
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. apple juice
1 T cider vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. ground mustard
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ground allspice
2 T. all-purpose flour
1/4 c. cold water
1/4 tsp. browning sauce (optional)
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast is great for sandwiches as well as a meal with all the fixins!
- Place the turkey breast skin side up in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Combine in a seperate bowl the cranberry sauce, sugar, apple juice, vinegar, garlic, mustard, cinnamon, cloves and allspice; and pour over turkey.
- Cover. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees F.
- Remove turkey to a cutting board; keep warm.
- Strain cooking juices in a saucepan, combine flour and water until smooth; gradually stir into strained juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in browning sauce if desired.
- Serve gravy with sliced turkey.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get our eBook.
Does “strain juices” mean that you strain out all of the solids, including the whole cranberries?
Angela, yes it is wanting you to strain out the solids, and once you make the gravy like consistency, you will gradually stir back in the solids you originally strained out. This just makes it easier to make the gravy! ENJOY!