Cooking Time:2 1/2 to 3 hours
Ingredients1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. light molasses
2 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. hot water
warm applesauce (optional)
whipping cream (optional)
Love Gingerbread! I sure do! and… Slow Cooker Old Fashioned Gingerbread is wonderful, and I serve with fresh whipped cream or drizzled with caramel! YUM!
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg, and molasses. Mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Mix well.
- Add hot water. Beat well.
- Pour butter into greased and floured 2 lb. coffee can.
- Place in slow cooker. Cover top of can with several paper towels.
- Cover slow cooker and crock on high 2 1/2 – 3 hours.
Serve with applesauce.
Optional: Topped with whipped cream, drizzled with caramel and/or sprinkle with nutmeg or powdered sugar.