Cooking Time:1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours
Ingredients12 oz. can beer
1 T. dry mustard
1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black or white pepper
1 lb. American cheese, cubed
1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
English Muffins, or toast.
Bacon cooked until crisp
Slow Cooker Welsh Rarebit is a good dish for brunch with fresh fruit, juice and coffee. Also makes a great lunch or late-night supper.
- In the slow cooker, combine beer, mustard, worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on High 1–2 hours, until mixture boils.
- Add cheese, a little at a time, stirring consantly until all the cheese melts.
- Heat on High 20–30 minutes with cover off, stirring frequently.
- Serve hot over toasted English Muffin or over toasted bread cut into triangles.
- Garnish with strips of crisp bacon and tomato slices.
NOTE: Great served with a tossed green salad, especially fresh spinach and orange slices with a vinaigrette dressing.