Cooking Time:2 - 2 1/2 hours
Ingredients1 c. flour
1 1/2 c. sugar, divided
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 eggs, beaten
2 T. milk
2 T. vegetable oil
2 c. fresh, or frozen blueberries
2 c. fresh, or frozen blackberries
3/4 c. water
1 tsp. grated orange peel
whipped topping, or ice cream (optional)
Slow Cooker Black and Blue Cobbler reminds me when I was a child and we made it to go with our homemade ice cream. YUM!
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Combine eggs, milk, and oil. Stir into dry ingredients until moistened.
- Spread the batter evenly over bottom of greased 5 qt. slow cooker.
- In saucepan, combine berries, water, orange peel, and 3/4 c. sugar. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over batter. Cover.
- Cook on High 2 – 2 1/2 hours, or until toothpick inserted into batter comes out clean.
- Turn off slow cooker.
- Uncover and let stand 30 minutes before serving.
Spoon from crock and serve with whipped topping or ice cream, if desired.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
Yum, yum. Just got a new crock pot and can’t wait to try this! Thanks!