Cooking Time:8 hours
Ingredients1.5 c. packed brown sugar
8 lb. spiral sliced ham
15 oz. Canned Pineapple Rings with juice
Slow Cooker Ham is the perfect solution to any holiday, get together, or just to have a delicious ham!
- Rub ham with 1/2 c. brown sugar.
- Spread remaining cup of brown sugar on the bottom of a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Pour in the juice from the pineapple rings and stir.
- Place the ham flat side down onto the brown sugar.
- Place pineapple rings on top of ham.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours.
NOTE: The rule of thumb is to cook 1 hour for each pound of the ham on Low, so you would want 8 hours on Low for an 8 pound ham.
IMPORTANT: It is my suggestion to use a meat thermometer to make sure your ham is done! If you are cooking an uncooked ham, you want an internal temperature of 160F. If you are cooking an pre-cooked ham, you want the internal temperature of 140F.