Cooking Time:4 hours
Ingredients14 oz. corn tortillas (flour tortillas whatever size fits in your crock pot)
1 1/2 lb. ground beef (cooked ground beef or 3 cups shredded cooked chicken or shredded cooked pot roast)
20 oz. enchilada sauce
1 tsp. cumin
1 1/2 c. light cream (cheese)
1 onion (chopped fine)
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese (monterey jack pepper)
- Brown your beef or cook the other meat (chicken or roast) you are using.
- Mix cooked meat, cumin, cream cheese and onion.
- Spray inside of slow cooker with nonstick spray, then pour a little enchilada sauce on the bottom.
- Place one tortilla in the bottom of the crock.
- Cover with some of the meat mixture.
- Pour a little enchilada sauce on top of meat.
- Sprinkle some cheese on top of sauce.
- Add another tortilla and continue layering until you run out of meat mixture.
- You should still have some cheese and sauce left.
- Top with a tortilla, then pour remaining enchilada sauce over all.
- Cover. Cook on High for 4 hours.
- When it’s done, sprinkle remaining cheese on top, replace lid until cheese melts.
Cut into wedges with plastic spatula to serve.