Cooking Time:6–8 hours on Low, 3–4 hours on High
Ingredients1 lb. bacon, diced
2 Medium Onions, diced
4 Stalks of Celery, finely diced
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
3 Large Potatoes, peeled and diced
2 Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breasts
4 c. Chicken Broth
16 oz. Clam Juice
15 oz. Whole Kernel Sweet Corn, undrained
3/4 c. flour
4 c. milk
4 c. Shredded White Cheddar Cheese
1/2 c. Heavy Whipping Cream
2 T. Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- Place potatoes in the bottom of a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high and cook bacon pieces.
- Remove bacon and set on a paper towel.
- Add onions and celery to skillet. Cook until onion is translucent. Place on a paper towel to absorb grease.
- Add bacon, onions and celery to slow cooker. Season with salt & pepper.
- Combine Clam Juice and remaining ingredients in slow cooker EXCEPT flour, milk, cheese, cream, and parsley.
- Cover. Cook on Low 6–7 hours, or on High for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken and chop into 1/2-inch pieces. Add back to slow cooker and cover on HIGH setting.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and milk until fully combined with no lumps. Stir into soup in slow cooker.
- Stir cheese into soup until melted.
- Fold in whipping cream and parsley.
- Cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes on HIGH.