Cooking Time:8-10 hours
Ingredients3 - 4 lb. venison roast, boneless
1/2 c. vinegar, plus
1/3 c. vinegar
7 tsp. salt
7 garlic cloves, chopped
2 T. vegetable oil
1 large onion, sliced
3 T. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
3 T. Worcestershire sauce
14 oz. tomatoes, canned, chopped
Slow Cooker Venison is very good, but you must not skip the overnight marinade step! Enjoy!
- Put the roast in a deep bowl.
- Make a marinade using 1/2 cup of the vinegar, 2 tablespoons of the salt, and 4 cloves of the chopped garlic.
- Pour the marinade over the roast, adding enough water to cover the venison; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the venison from the marinade and pat dry.
- Sprinkle the meat with the remaining teaspoon of salt and dredge with flour.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet and brown the roast on all sides.
- Transfer the roast to the slow cooker and add the sliced onion.
- In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, mustard, 3 tablespoons of flour and the Worcestershire to a paste; stir in the tomatoes, the remaining 1/3 cup of vinegar and 3 cloves of chopped garlic; dump this mixture over the roast in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook for 8–10 hours on Low or until tender.