Cooking Time:10 hours on Low or 5-6 hours on High
Ingredients2 T. vegetable oil
2 lbs. boneless beef chuck, cut into 1⁄2-inch strips
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1⁄3 c. soy sauce
1⁄4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
1 small green bell pepper, sliced
1 pkg. (about 3 ounces) shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 head bok choy, cleaned and chopped
5 oz. can sliced water chestnuts, drained
2 T. corn starch
11 oz. can mandarin oranges, drained and syrup reserved
2 c. beef broth
6 c. steamed rice
Looking for the perfect Asian dish, Slow Cooker Asian Beef with Mandarin Oranges is the perfect dish for family and friends. Enjoy!
- Heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add beef, in batches if necessary, and cook, turning to brown all sides.
- Transfer beef to 4 1⁄2-quart slow cooker as it is browned.
- Add onion to same skillet. Stir over medium heat until softened. Add next soy sauce, salt, ginger, green pepper, mushrooms, bok choy and water chestnuts and cook until bok choy is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon mixture over beef.
- Whisk together corn starch and reserved mandarin orange syrup in medium bowl. Stir in beef broth and pour over ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low 10 hours or on High 5 to 6 hours or until beef is tender.
- Stir in mandarin oranges.
- Spoon steamed rice into shallow serving bowl and spoon beef over rice.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”