Cooking Time:8 hours on Low or 3 1/2 hours on High
Ingredients3 lb. boneless pork loin roast (tied)
10 oz. hoisin sauce
3 garlic cloves (peeled smashed)
2 T. fresh ginger (grated)
1 T. chili paste
1 T. rice wine (vinegar)
2 T. soy sauce
2 tsp. dark sesame oil
4 tsp. cornstarch
3 scallions (white light green part only optional)
1/4 c. chopped cilantro (optional)
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray, or with slow cooker liner and add the pork roast.
- In a small bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger, chili paste, rice wine, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Mix in the cornstarch.
- Pour the sauce over the roast.
- Cover. Cook on Low 8 hours or High for 3 1/2 hours.
- When roast is cooked all the way through, remove from slow cooker to a platter, cover with foil and let stand 10 minutes.
- Pour the cooking liquid into a bowl and let stand 10 minutes, then skim any fat from the surface.
- Slice roast, sprinkle the scallions and cilantro on top.
- Serve the sauce on the side.