Cooking Time:1 1/4 hours
Ingredients12 oz. cream cheese, cubed
1/4 c. heavy whipping cream
1 c. parmesan cheese, grated
2 - 6 1/2 oz. cans lump crab meat
1 oz. pkg. dehydrated onion soup mix
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
salt to taste
fresh chives, minced, for garnish
When you make Slow Cooker Hot Crab Dip, everyone will ask you for the recipe! It’s one of my go-to dishes to bring to social gatherings and potlucks. (I stock up on the canned crab when it’s on sale!)
- Combine the cream cheese and whipping cream in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Heat on High until the cheese is melted, about 45 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, crab meat, onion soup mix, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Cover. Cook for 30 minutes on High.
- Shortly before serving, add the lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
- Salt to taste.
- Sprinkly the top with fresh minced chives as a garnish. (Optional)
- Serve with bread rounds, crackers or potato chips.
Jenn prefers tortilla chips.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
crab isn’t vegetarian.
You are right, mamarose! We’ve updated that. Thanks for your help & Happy Crocking!
This was absolutely delicious! I halved the recipe, as I had a recent experience with a disappointing crab dip – which is why I even had leftover crab meat to begin with! I used a 4oz can of the white crabmeat, and halved all the other ingredients. It was a huge hit – thank you!
[…] Appetizers: BBQ Meatballs Buffalo Chicken Dip Fiesta Cheese Dip Bacon-Wrapped Mini Dogs Hot Crab Dip […]
Could you freeze leftovers ?
Yes Rachel you can! Happy Crocking!
What size crock pot 1 1/2 qt or 4qt?
…looking forward to making this
Hey Kim, a 1 1/2 quart slow cooker will work up to a 3 quart slow cooker. Enjoy, I just made this for Thanksgiving! Happy Crocking!
Can you use sour cream instead of heavy whipping cream?