Cooking Time:2 — 2 1/2 hours on High
Ingredients3 c. barbecue sauce (any)
2 c. apple jelly
2 — 3 T. tapioca, optional, for thicker sauce
2 T. vinegar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c. find dry bread crumbs, seasoned
1/4 c. milk
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. onion powder
2 lbs. ground turkey
non-stick vegetable spray
- In your slow cooker, stir together barbecue sauce, jelly, tapioca (if used), and vinegar.
- Cover. Cook on HIGH while preparing meatballs.
- For meatballs, in large bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, milk, garlic powder, salt, and onion powder. Add ground turkey and mix well. Shape into 3/4-inch meatballs.
- Spray a 12-inch non-stick skillet with vegetable spray; add meatballs and brown on all sides over medium heat.
- Drain meatballs and add to slow cooker sauce mix; stir very gently to coat with sauce.
- Cover. Cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Makes about 5 dozen meatballs.