Cooking Time:4 hours on High or 8 hours on Low
Ingredients6 large russet potatoes, washed, peeled and diced,
1 large onion, chopped
32 oz. chicken broth
3 tsp. minced garlic
3 T. unsalted butter
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. white pepper
1 c. milk
1 c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
3 T. chopped scallions
4 oz. cream cheese
4 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup is the perfect comfort food on a cool night. This recipe can be altered to be used for a vegetarian recipe too — just omit the bacon and use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- Layer potatoes, then onions in a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Next, add chicken broth, garlic, butter, salt & pepper.
- Cover. Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 6 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Press soup with a masher until potatoes are coarsely chopped, and soup is slightly thickened.
- Stir in milk, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and scallions.
- Cover and cook for 20–30 more minutes on Low or until cheeses are melted.
- Serve in bowls topped with bacon pieces and additional cheese to garnish.