Cooking Time:8 hours
Ingredients3 1/2 quarts water
15 slices fresh ginger, peeled
15 green cardamom pods, split open and seeded
25 whole cloves
3 cinnamon sticks
3 whole black peppercorns
8 black tea bags
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Slow Cooker Chai Tea… Delicious!
- Pour water into slow cooker.
- Stir in the ginger, cardamom pods, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and peppercorns.
- Cover. Cook on High; simmer for 8 hours.
- Steep tea bags in the hot spiced water for 5 minutes.
- Strain tea into a clean container.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk; serve hot.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
How could I make this using ground cardamom?
Substitute for Cardamom pods
For 10 whole pods substitute 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom OR substitute ground cinnamon, or combine half cinnamon and half nutmeg
1 tablespoons pods = 8 grams
1 pod = 1 tsp. ground
18 to 20 seeds / 10 whole pods = 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
Is the a way to use ground cloves?
Kathy you can certainly make this recipe your own and use the ground cloves if you would like. The ratio would be 3 whole cloves = 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves. I’ve not made it this way, so if you could post back and let us know how it turned our we would all appreciate it very much! Happy Crocking! 🙂