Cooking Time:8-10 hours on Low
1/2 c. Apple Cider
1/2 c. Balsamic Vinegar
2 T. Freshly Chopped Rosemary
3 lb. Venison Roast
2 Large White Onions, sliced
16 oz. BBQ Sauce
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Note: To be sure venison cooks tender, marinate overnight in 1 c. vinegar and 2 T. dried rosemary. In the morning, discard marinade, cut the venison into cubes, and proceed with recipe. Also can use with beef!
- Place roast, cider, vinegar and rosemary in a glass container and marinate overnight.
- The next day, place sliced onions in the bottom of a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Remove roast from marinade and cut into 1.5″ pieces. Place on top of onions. (discard marinade)
- Pour BBQ sauce over top of roast and add salt & pepper.
- Cover. Cook on Low 8-10 hours.
- Stir well before serving.
- Great paired with a baked potato and green salad.