Cooking Time:6-8 hours
Ingredients2 lg. chopped onions
3 lg. chopped red bell peppers
3 lg. chopped green bell peppers
2 or 3 T. oil
12 oz. pkg. oyster mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
4 minced garlic cloves
3 fresh bay leaves
10 fresh chopped basil leaves
1 T. salt
1 1/2 tsp. pepper
28 oz. can Italian plum tomatoes, crushed or chopped
- Saute onions and peppers in oil in skillet until soft.
- Stir in mushrooms and garlic. Saute just until mushrooms begin to turn brown.
- Transfer into slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to crock pot and stir well.
- Cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hours.
Note: Good on pita bread as an appetizer or seved over pasta or rice for a main dish!
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
Made this as an app with pita and pita chips. It was very good. Thank you for the recipe.