Cooking Time:6–7 hours on Low, or 4–5 hours on High
Ingredients4 Beef Tenderloins or other cut of steak, about 2 lbs. in total
2 T. Butter
2 c. Sliced Mushrooms
1 T. Chopped, Fresh Chives
1 T. Minced, Flat-Leaf Parsley
1/2 c. Beef Broth
1 tsp. Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 oz. Brandy, optional
- Heat the butter over medium-high heat in a skillet and sear the steaks for 1 minute on each side.
- Place the steaks in a 4-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Add the mushrooms, chives, parsley on top of the steak.
- Pour broth around the steaks in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours or High for 4 to 5 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the brandy.
NOTE: Recipe updated in October, 2015. I have found this recipe cooks better if steaks are left whole after searing. This helps prevent the meat from drying out. I usually buy whatever cut of steak is on sale and have used ribeye, sirloin and new york strip in addition to tenderloin (filet).
OPTIONAL: I minced my mushrooms up with a little crumbled bacon before serving! 🙂