Cooking Time:10-12 hours
3 T. Unsalted Butter
3 T. Flour
1/4 tsp. Salt
Dash of Pepper
1/2 c. Water
1/2 c. Chicken Broth
1/4 tsp. Poultry Seasoning
1/4 tsp. Sage
32 oz. Chicken Broth
1 c. Water
4 Stalks of Celery, chopped
2 Medium Yellow Onions, diced
4 Potatoes, peeled and diced
8 Carrots, peeled and julienned
10 oz. Frozen Whole Kernel Corn
1/2 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- Start by creating a roux – melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour until it starts to turn a golden brown color.
- Sprinkle in poultry seasoning, sage and salt & pepper.
- Stir in chicken broth and water. Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add roux and remaining ingredients except cheese in a 6-Quart slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover. Cook on Low 10-12 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
- Just before serving, add cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Serve.
(Note: can sub a combination of shredded Cheddar, Monterrey Jack and Colby for the Velveeta.)
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!