Cooking Time:6–8 hours on Low or 3–4 hours on High
Ingredients1 lb. sweet Italian sausages
1 lb. hot Italian sausages
2 green bell peppers, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 lg. sweet onion (such as Vidalia®), sliced
24 oz. jar pasta sauce
16 oz. pkg. elbow macaroni
- Place the sweet and hot sausages, green and red peppers, onion, and pasta sauce in the slow cooker.
- Add about 1/2 a jar of water.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours, or on High for 3 to 4 hours.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the macaroni, and return to a boil.
- Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still firm, about 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Slice the cooked sausages, then return to the slow cooker. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving the sausage, peppers, and onion over the macaroni.