Cooking Time:2 1/2 - 3 hours
Ingredients2 c. Warm Water, divided
1/2 c. Dry Milk
1 tsp. Sugar
2 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/3 c. Honey
1 T. Salt
1 pkg. Active Dry Yeast
2 1/2 c. Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/4 c. All-Purpose Flour
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 c. warm (not hot!) water and 1 tsp. sugar. Stir until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Once sugar is fully dissolved, sprinkle packet of yeast over water and stir gently. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- If your yeast is good, it will bubble. If not, go buy new yeast and repeat!
- Using a stand mixer, combine the remaining warm water, powdered milk, oil, honey, and salt.
- Stir in water/yeast mixture.
- Add half of the flour into the mixing bowl and mix on medium-high for 2 minutes then add remaining flour. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Spray a bread pan with non-stick cooking spray and place dough inside.
- Spray a large piece of foil with the non-stick spray and loosely cover bread. (Give it room to rise.)
- Set aside in a quiet, warm area to rise. Do not disturb it!
- Once the dough has risen for at least 5 minutes (it should be extending over the bread pan by now) place it in a large oval slow cooker. (6 Quarts or bigger)
- Cover and cook on HIGH for up to 3 hours or until bread is done in the center.
- Remove pan and uncover.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with salted butter.